Traditionally used for gastrointestinal symptoms, berberine has emerged as a potent
cardiometabolic aid with diverse benefits and mechanisms of action. It has
hypoglycemic effects, via both an inhibition of alpha-glucosidase activity and an
upregulation of insulin receptors in peripheral tissues, thereby improving insulin
sensitivity.Furthermore, it activates Nrf2, a key regulator of cellular antioxidant
defense, and attenuates glucose induced neurotoxicity, suggesting a therapeutic
potential for diabetic neuropathy.
- Hypoglycemic effects via multiple mechanisms, including enhancement of insulin
- Favorable effects on blood lipids, including a reduction in triglycerides, and both
total and LDL cholesterol9
- Activates Nrf-2, a key regulator of antioxidant gene transcription and prevention
of glucose-induced neurotoxicity
- Provides 500mg berberine HCl per capsule, the dosing strength used in clinical
trials for glucose and lipid control
- Extracted from Berberis vulgaris (European barberry)
1 capsule 2 times daily with meals or as directed by a health care professional. Consult a health care professional for use beyond 3 months.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving:
Berberine HCL ... 500mg
(from Berberis vulgaris extract) (rhizome)
Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum (cellulose), purified
water), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable grade),
stearic acid, silica.
Contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish,
shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs.
Do not use if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.