Bio-Collagen w/Patented UC II
Tender, sensitive joints can limit everyday activities. As you age and continue to put stress on your joints, you can compromise joint cartilage — which exposes small collagen fibers. Your body’s immune system mistakenly identifies these collagen fibers as "foreign cells." This triggers an inflammatory response against the collagen-containing cartilage in your own joints. Inflammation and joint discomfort can soon follow.
Bio-Collagen with Patented UC-II® is a novel form of undenatured type II collagen from chicken cartilage shown to provide targeted support for the immune issues related to joint discomfort.1 Taken orally, UC-II® travels to the intestinal tract where it "introduces" the immune system to the same type of collagen molecules found in joint cartilage.
Normally, when chicken collagen is processed, its molecular shape is changed. It loses bioactivity and becomes denatured — which researchers found has no beneficial effect2 on the immune system. Fortunately, a unique processing technique preserves the correct molecular shape of the collagen3, 4 — and preserves its bioactivity5 — producing a form known as undenatured collagen.
Scientific studies have found that UC-II® reduced sensitive joint discomfort and eased joint function.1, 6-10 One double-blind, placebo-controlled study on patients found that UC-II® provided relief by 33%, and decreased joint discomfort scores by a remarkable 40% — in just 90 days!1
- Int J Med Sci. 2009;6(6):312-21.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986 Oct;83(19):7443-6.
- Int Immunopharmacol. 2011 Jan;11(1):12-8.
- Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 2002;22(3-4):101-10.
- Immunol Rev. 2005;206:232-59.
- J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Aug;28(4):385-90.
- J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2007 Jun;30(3):275-8.
- Toxicol Mech Methods. 2007;17(4):189-96.
- J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). Epub 2011 May 30.
- J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Dec;32(6):577-84.
Take one (1) capsule daily preferably on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving
UC-II® standardized cartilage ... 40mg
Total Collagen ... 10mg
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), potassium chloride, silica.
UC-II® is a registered trademark of InterHealth N.I. (U.S. Patents 7, 846, 487, 7, 083, 820, and EPO Patent EP1435906 B1; Canadian Patent CA 2459981C; and Japanese Patent JP 4800574B2).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.