CoffeeGenic Green Coffee Extract 400mg
People who take extraordinary steps to limit their carbohydrate exposure may still be experiencing higher-than-desired blood sugar levels throughout the day. The reason is that blood sugar can surge to high levels following meals. And that high level can last for hours … even an entire day!
Studies show even in people with normal fasting glucose levels, gaining control of after-meal surges may provide additional support for cardiovascular and metabolic health.1-4
Green coffee extract is a natural compound that addresses this widespread problem. In fact, a 400 mg dose was shown to induce a remarkable 24% drop in after-meal blood sugar after 30 minutes while 200 mg generated a 14% drop!5 The reason is chlorogenic acid, a polyphenol found in the green coffee bean.
Chlorogenic acid has been shown to inhibit excess activity of glucose-6-phosphatase.6-8 The glucose-6-phosphatase enzyme triggers glucose formation from non-carbohydrate substrates and glycogen release from the liver, both of which can create excess glucose in the blood. Neutralizing excess glucose-6-phosphatase is essential for most people to achieve optimal glucose control.
Another means by which chlorogenic acid supports healthy after-meal glucose levels is by targeting the inhibition of the alpha-glucosidase enzyme. This intestinal enzyme breaks apart complex sugars and enhances their absorption into the bloodstream.9
Chlorogenic acid also increases the signal protein for insulin receptors in liver cells.10
Why CoffeeGenic® Green Coffee Extract?
Coffee grows on trees and the fruit is a berry. The berry contains green seeds, which are the “coffee beans.” The outer part of the berry is washed away to get to the seeds. The seed has a higher amount of phenolic acids than the berry.11
The problem with the roasted coffee you drink is that much of the beneficial phenolic content of the coffee beans is destroyed during the roasting process.
CoffeeGenic® Green Coffee Extract is produced from these green coffee beans. The resulting green coffee extract is standardized to 50% chlorogenic acids for maximum potency … maximum effect in helping to maintain healthy glucose levels already within normal range.11
This higher potency standalone version is the same clinical dose shown to induce a 24% drop in after-meal glucose spikes within 30 minutes5 … and is ideal for those who need additional glucose management support.
1. Diabetes Care. 2010 Feb;33(2):411-3
2. Diabetes Care. 1999 Feb;22(2):233-40.
3. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004 Aug;287(2):F268-73. Epub 2004 Apr 27.
4. Arch Intern Med. 2001 Feb 12;161(3):397-405.
5. Nagendran MV. Effect of Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCE), High in Chlorogenic Acids, on Glucose Metabolism. Poster presentation number: 45-LB-P. Obesity 2011, the 29th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Obesity Society. Orlando, Florida. October 1-5, 2011.
6. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Apr 14;58(7):4141-4.
7. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Jul 6;130(1):93-7.
8. Cell Biochem Funct. 2008 Apr;26(3):320-8.
9. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2007 Apr;53(2):166-73.
10. J Nutr Biochem. 2006 Jan;17(1):63-71.
11. Braz. J. Plant Physiol., 18(1):23-36, 2006
- Take one (1) capsule before each heavy meal, up to three times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Each serving contains approximately 12 mg of caffeine (the amount found in 1/4 cup brewed green tea).
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
CoffeeGenic® Green Coffee extract ... 400mg
(bean) [std to 50% chlorogenic acid (200 mg)]
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule).
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.