Thorne’s D-1,000 contains 1,000 IU of high-quality vitamin D3. Although it is well known that direct sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D, many individuals, especially the elderly, don’t get enough vitamin D from sunlight or from their diet. Be sure you get the vitamin D your body needs with Thorne’s easily absorbed Vitamin D-1,000.
Benefits of Thorne’s Vitamin D-1,000:
- Supports healthy teeth and bones*
- Promotes lean muscle mass and helps maintain muscle strength*
- Enhances the absorption and retention of calcium*
- Supports healthy brain function*
- Promotes cardiovascular health and immune function*
- Formulated with vitamin D3, a more potent and better absorbed form than vitamin D2
- Thorne’s vitamin D contains no lactose and no preservatives like BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid
You could be at a higher risk of a vitamin D deficiency if you:
- Rarely go outdoors, live in the northern latitudes, or have a darker skin tone
- Have limited sun exposure due to your occupation, clothing choices, or engage in indoor athletics rather than outdoor sports
- Regularly wear sunscreen with an SPF greater than 8
- Are an older adult (the risk of a deficiency increases with age beginning at age 50)
- Have a chronic health condition, such as a bowel disease or a surgical procedure (like gastric bypass) that decreases fat absorption
- Are obese
The optimal amount of vitamin D for an individual depends on many factors and varies from person to person. Therefore, the requirement for vitamin D supplementation should be individualized. Either of Thorne’s D-1,000 or D-5,000 can be an ideal way to maintain an optimal level of vitamin D in healthy individuals.*
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D ... 25mcg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl)
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.