Taurine, a free amino acid, has been described by scientists as “one of the most essential substances in the body.”1 But as we age, taurine levels decline.
Boosts Brain Cell Regeneration
The benefits of taurine on brain cell growth are especially evident in those with a taurine deficiency, which includes aging individuals.
Promising research has found that taurine can promote new brain cell formation in the area of the brain associated with learning and memory. It does so by activating hibernating stem cells that are capable of growing into several different kinds of cells.2
Taurine also enhances neurites, the tiny projections that help brain cells communicate with each other.
Supports Whole-Body Health
Past research has also shown the ability of taurine to maintain and support:3-9
- Cardiovascular health,
- Insulin sensitivity,
- Modulation of the immune system,
- Regulation of the central nervous system,
- Liver function,
- Eye health, and
- Hearing function.
1. Mol Vis. 2012;18;2673-86.
2. Stem Cell Res. 2015 May;14(3):369-79.
3. Exp Clin Cardiol. 2008 Summer;13(2):57-65.
4. Exp Mol Med. 2012 Nov 30;44(11):665-73.
5. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2006 Nove;9(6):728-33.
6. J Biomed Sci. 2010 Aug 24;17 Suppl1:S1.
7. Amino Acids. 2008 Aug;35(2):469-73.
8. Amino Acids. 2012 Nov;43(5):1979-93.
9. Neurosci Lett. 2006 May 15;399(1-2):23-6.
Take one (1) capsule one to three times daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Taurine ... 1000mg
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.