Vitamin K2 100mcg
- Provides 100 mcg per serving of vitamin K2 as menaquinone-7 (MK-7)
- MK-7 has the greatest half-life of all forms of vitamin K, as well as the best extra-hepatic distribution
- Vitamin K2, particularly MK-7, allows for much lower dosing with significant clinical benefit
- Extracted from natto beans, the food-based highest naturally occurring MK-7
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Discovery of vitamin K-dependent (VKD) post-translational modification of proteins involved not only in coagulation, but also in bone metabolism, vascular calcification, cell growth regulation, and even ATP production has dramatically shifted both the physiological and clinical importance of this enzymatic cofactor. VKD proteins have a nearly ubiquitous presence in diverse cell types, and modification by γ-carboxylation is necessary for biological activity. Dietary intake of vitamin K is often insufficient, and vitamin K is diverted to those enzymes critical to short term survival (e.g. coagulation), leading to suboptimal carboxylation of VKD proteins associated with aging and other health conditions.*
Take 1 capsule per day or as directed by a health care professional.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin K2 ... 100mcg
Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose,
vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose],
purified water), magnesium stearate (vegetable grade).
Contains no artificial preservatives, colors or
sweeteners; no dairy, gluten, wheat or yeast.
Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are taking blood thinners. Vitamin K supplementation should be used with caution in patients with liver disease, or undergoing hemodialysis. Keep out of reach of children.
Sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.