Vitamin C-1000 w/ Bioflavonoids
Patient One MediNutritionals
Clinically proven and patented form of Vitamin C that is rapidly absorbed, plus citrus bioflavonoids for enhanced effectiveness
- Formulated with naturally derived lipid metabolites (fatty acids from vegetable wax) to enhance bioavailability
- Potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger
- Provides immune defense
- Promotes vascular and endothelial health
- Assists with iron absorption and red blood cell formation
Patient One Vitamin C supplies 1000mg of all natural C-lipid metabolites, along with 200mg of citrus bioflavonoids. As Vitamin C is a water soluable vitamin that the body does not make or store, our formula uses a special delivery system that allows the vitamin C to be more rapidly absorbed and retained by the body. Ascorbic acid is combined with lipid metabolites, fat-soluble compounds that increase vitamin C’s function in the body. Bioflavonoids, polyphenolic compounds found in plants such as vitamin C-rich citrus fruit, are included to complement the activities of Vitamin C.
Sufficient intake and retention is necessary to maintain vitamin C status in the body. Factors that increase the human requirement for this essential nutrient include stress, smoking, pollution, radiation and heavy metal exposure, and immune challenge. The Institute of Medicine has recommended an increase in Vitamin C requirements for smokers due to their exposure to toxins and oxidative elements in cigarette smoke.
Role of Vitamin C and Citrus Bioflavonoids
Vitamin C supports a diverse range of bodily functions, including immune stimulation and protection, vascular function and synthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters. It is used in the growth and repair of tissue throughout the body and is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals.
Vitamin C has been widely studied and is commonly known for its role in moderating the severity or duration of acute immune challenges. It appears to heighten the immune response to infections, impacting T-cell proliferation. This nutrient also plays a role in the deactivation of histamine.
The essential role of vitamin C in the formation of collagen makes it crucial in maintaining skin, gum, capillary, joint and skeletal health. Vitamin C is important in energy production, as synthesis of carnitine is dependent upon this nutrient. Because it is necessary for the conversion of dopamine to norepinephrine, Vitamin C assists in maintaining healthy mood and brain function. Supplementation with vitamin C also appears to help reduce inflammation and inflammatory biomarkers, particularly circulating C-reactive protein (CRP).
Our formula includes citrus bioflavonoids, phytonutrients that are vital for proper absorption of Vitamin C. Studies have shown their ability to enhance and prolong the action of vitamin C.
- Comparative research studies in vitro and in humans demonstrate that this patented form of vitamin C is more rapidly absorbed and leads to higher plasma and cellular levels, having faster and more beneficial effects than ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate and other ascorbate products. These benefits include better stimulation of neurite outgrowth, increased fibroblast wound healing activities, increased protection of the immune system from xenobiotic induced inflammatory mechanisms, and greater reduction of plasma levels of C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL, as well as more potent antioxidant and free radical scavenging capabilities. [Med Sci Monit 2007;13(3): BR51-58; Med Sci Monit 2007: 13(10) and additional unpublished studies]
- A novel vitamin C preparation enhances neurite formation and fibroblast
Take 1 - 2 tablets daily, in divided doses preferably with meals, as a dietary supplement or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C ... 1000mg
[from proprietary formulation of ascorbic acid USP combined with lipid metabolites (fatty acids) from vegetable waxes]
Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex ... 200mg
[50% total bioflavonoids]
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose (plant fiber), stearic acid, calcium palmitate, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, food glaze
This product is FREE OF milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or pork. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors or preservatives.
If pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.