Contains ingredients important for the synthesis of dopamine, a catecholamine important for positive affect, mood, and memory*
N-acetyl-L-cysteine: Precursor to L-cysteine (1). L-cysteine is required for the synthesis of glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant important for mediating oxidative stress in dopaminergic cells (2, 3).
N-acetyl-L-tyrosine: L-tyrosine is a precursor to catecholamines including dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine.
Mucuna cochinchinensis seed extract (99% L-DOPA): Natural source of L-DOPA (4). L-DOPA crosses the blood-brain barrier and is the direct precursor to dopamine(5).*
Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, and C are important for catecholamine synthesis(6-8).*
- Rushworth G and Megson I. Pharmacol Ther. 2014;141(2):150-9.
- Schmitt B, et al. Redox Biol. 2015;6:198-205.
- Smeyne M and Smeyne R. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;62:13-25.
- Tuleun C, et al. Livestock Research for Rural Development. 2008;20(10).
- Pardridge W. NeuroRx. 2005:2(1):3-14.
- Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
- Levine M, et al. J Biol chem. 1985;260(24):12942-7.
- Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.
Take 1-2 capsules one to two times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C ... 200mg
(as ascorbic acid)
Vitamin B6 ... 0.5mg
(as pyridoxal 5-phosphate)
Folate ... 133mcg
(from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**)
Selenium ... 70mcg
Proprietary Blend ... 1.15g
N-acetyl-L-cysteine, N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, and Mucuna cochinchinensis seed extract (99% L-DOPA)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), Microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and Silicon dioxide.
**This product uses Gnosis S.p.As (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic®) and is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7, 947, 662. Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Milan, Italy.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.