Milk Thistle 250mg
Patient One MediNutritionals
Natural support for healthy liver function
- Supports the bodys natural elimination of toxins
- Enhances healthy hepatic function
- Provides liver-protective support
Patient One Milk Thistle vegetarian capsules contain 250 mg of milk thistle extract, standardized to contain a minimum of 80% of the flavonoid silymarin.
A common herb native to the Mediterranean, milk thistle has been broadly used for its nutritional support of liver function for two centuries. Seeds of the dried milk thistle flower are rich in silymarin, a bioflavonoid complex of silybin, silydianin, and silychristin. Silymarin is responsible for milk thistle’s powerful protective and regenerative activities in the liver.
The liver is the body’s detoxifying organ, disabling toxins such as ethanol, environmental poisons, pesticides, and certain pharmaceuticals. When damaged or diseased, the liver’s ability to eliminate toxins and perform its numerous other functions may be severely impaired. This highly active botanical has been shown to support and enhance normal, healthy liver function.
Silymarin protects the liver from free radical damage, supports glutathione concentrations and promotes superoxide dismutase activity. Milk thistle extract also stimulates protein synthesis in hepatic cells.
- Flora, K, Hahn, M, Rosen, H, Benner, K. Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) for the therapy of liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol 1998;93:139-43.
- Bass, NM. Is there any use for nontraditional or alternative therapies in patients with chronic liver disease? Curr Gastroenterol Rep 1999;1:50-6.
- Par, A, Roth, E, Rumi, G, Jr., Kovacs, Z, Nemes, J, Mozsik, G. [Oxidative stress and antioxidant defense in alcoholic liver disease and chronic hepatitis C]. Orv Hetil 2000;141:1655-9.
- Edwards, J, Grange, LL, Wang, M, Reyes, E. Fetoprotectivity of the flavanolignan compound siliphos against ethanol- induced toxicity. Phytother Res 2000;14:517-21.
- Berkson, BM. A conservative triple antioxidant approach to the treatment of hepatitis C. Combination of alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid), silymarin, and selenium: three case histories. Med Klin 1999;94 Suppl 3:84-9.
- Farghali, H, Kamenikova, L, Hynie, S, Kmonickova, E. Silymarin effects on intracellular calcuim and cytotoxicity: a study in perfused rat hepatocytes after oxidative stress injury. Pharmacol Res 2000;41:231-7.
- Kropacova, K, Misurova, E, Hakova, H. Protective and therapeutic effect of silymarin on the development of latent liver damage. Radiats Biol Radioecol 1998;38:411-5.
Take 1–4 capsules daily, in divided doses between meals, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Milk Thistle Extract ... 250mg
(Silybum marianum) (seeds)
[Standardized to contain a minimum of 80% Silymarin]
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
If pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your physician before taking this product. Avoid this product if you are allergic to ragweed or daisy-like products (members of the aster family). Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
It looks like there are no similar