Patient One MediNutritionals
Ultra-pure, high potency liquid fish oil to support inflammatory response, heart health, cognition and mood
- Higher EPA (to DHA) formula for targeted health needs
- Concentrated, physiologically active dose
- Helps regulate inflammatory pathways
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports brain function and healthy mood
- Superior triglyceride form
- 1 teaspoon supplies 1400 mg EPA and 925 mg DHA
- Natural lemon flavor and no fishy smell, taste or aftertaste
Patient One Omega 2800 supplies highly purified and concentrated Omega-3 fatty acids as triglycerides in a liquid delivery system. Omega 2800 is formulated in a high EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) to DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) ratio for targeted health effects, and also includes a proprietary antioxidant blend.
Certified pharmaceutical grade fish oil sourced from Norwegian cold water fish (anchovy, sardine, mackerel), Omega 2800 is molecularly distilled and manufacturer-tested as well as third-party tested for contaminants and environmental pollutants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins and PCBs. Our processing technology and proprietary natural lemon flavoring ensures no fishy smell, taste, or aftertaste.
Omega 2800 is a rich source of Omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are the two most studied fish oils, each with different roles and actions in the body. Both EPA and DHA are considered to be key regulators of platelet aggregation, immunity and inflammation, although their actions and effects in the body differ. The most abundant Omega-3 in cell membranes, DHA is present in all organs and most plentiful in the brain and retina, playing an important structural role. EPA is present structurally in only minute quantities, always being utilized and under constant demand to be replaced. DHA primarily provides structural function, while EPA may be the dominant functional fatty acid in a range of health areas, particularly in inflammatory conditions. EPA is a precursor to many immune messengers--eicosanoids--which have anti-inflammatory roles.
Omega-3s, particularly in higher EPA-to-DHA ratios, have been studied and shown to be beneficial for inflammation modulation, brain health, cardiovascular function and joint health. High EPA Omega 3s have also been well studied for their mood-stabilizing properties.
The "Triglyceride" Form Absorption Advantage
The many health benefits of Omega-3s can only be derived if your body absorbs the fatty acids. Although scientific research demonstrates the triglyceride form as the superior delivery mode of fish oil, very few fish oil concentrates in the marketplace are available in this form because of the higher production costs. Most fish oils contain the “ethyl ester" form of fatty acid, synthetic Omega-3 molecules, shown to be less effective in delivering essential fatty acids to the body during digestion and metabolism. Omega 2800 supplies fish oil concentrate in the preferred re-esterified triglyceride form to optimize its effectiveness.
- The Japan EPA Lipid Intervention Study (JELIS) demonstrated that EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) administration supported reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
- A meta analysis of randomized, placebo-controlled trials showed that EPA appears to be responsible for the efficacy of Omega-3 fatty acids in affecting mood.
- Research showed that atherosclerotic plaques readily incorporate EPA. A higher plaque EPA content is associated with a reduced number of foam cells and T cells, less inflammation and increased stability.
- Studies have shown that by increasing the ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids in the diet, and consequently favoring the production of EPA in the body, or by increasing the dietary intake of EPA and DHA through consumption of fatty fish or fish-oil supplem
Adults take ½ to 1 teaspoon daily, with a meal, or as directed by a qualified healthcare professional. Refrigerate after opening and use within 60 days of opening bottle.
Serving Size: 1 teaspoon (5 ml)
Amount Per Serving
Calories ... 40
Total Fat ... 4.50g
Cholesterol ... 10mg
Omega 3 Fatty Acids Ultra-pure fish oil ... 2800mg
EPA ... 1400mg
DHA ... 925mg
Additional Omega-3 Fatty Acids ... 475mg
Other Ingredients: Natural lemon flavor and proprietary antioxidant blend (natural tocopherols, rosemary extract and ascorbyl palmitate).
Contains: fish (anchovy, sardine, mackerel) and non-GMO soybeans
Omega 2800 is free of milk, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, rice, corn, sugar and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Omega 2800 ultra-pure triglyceride form is highly refined and concentrated, pharmaceutical grade Omega 3 fish oil, molecularly distilled and third-party tested for environmental toxins, including heavy metals, dioxins and PCBs.
Warnings: Adult women who are pregnant or lactating should consult a healthcare professional before use. Consult with your physician before use if you use blood thinners or other medications or anticipate surgery. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.